Terms and Conditions
SUMMER TRAVEL - WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY WORTH NEARLY $5,000
Win a "New Zealand Family Holiday" Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the promotion forms part of these
conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance
following terms and conditions.
2. The Promoter is the Sunday Star-Times of 2 Hereford Street,
3. Contest Period: The Entry Period for the "New Zealand Family
promotion (the Contest) begins on Sunday, October 14, 2012 and ends
Sunday, November 4, 2012 (the Entry Period).
4. How to enter: To enter the "New Zealand Family Holiday"
entrants must apply online at www.sundaystartimes.co.nz/win
the entry form ("Entry").
5. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to residents of New
Zealand who are 18
years of age or older as of date of entry and those who are able to
prize as stated in clause 17 (Eligible Entrants). Employees and
families of the Promoter, Maui, Holiday Parks Association of New
Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited ("Foodstuffs") and agencies associated
Contest are not eligible to enter. The Promoter reserves the right
the validity of entries.
6. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed
will be rejected.
7. The Promoter has the sole discretion to determine whether or not
8. By submitting an Entry, the Eligible Entrant agrees to
participate in any
publicity surrounding the "New Zealand Family Holiday" promotion
having his/her image photographed and used for publicity
9. The draw to determine the winner will be conducted by the
one winner selected from all valid Entries and will take place no
5pm (NZST) Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
10. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be contacted by email
on the contact details provided on the Winner's Entry. The Winner
notified within seven days following the draw. If after seven days
cannot be contacted the prize will be redrawn.
11. All components of the prize are subject to availability. The
prize must be
booked and travel completed by Sunday, May 5, 2013. The New World
card is valid for purchase till 30th November 2013.
12. The results of the draw are final and no correspondence will be
13. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize is valid for two adults and
a. Hire of a six-berth Maui Platinum River campervan for seven
b. Powered site facilities for seven nights at any of the nearly
holiday parks that are members of the Holiday Park Association
c. A $500 gift card from New World to redeem against food and
groceries at any of their 137 stores nationwide. The winner
acknowledges that the New World Gift card must not redeemed
the purchase of tobacco, cigarettes, alcohol, fuel or purchases
at a Lotto outlet (if relevant).
14. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be
a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize is
to other persons and non-redeemable for cash or other goods or
Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will
result in an
immediate cancellation of the prize. There can be no changes made
arrangements once bookings are confirmed. If the prize is not
the stated timeframes it will be forfeited.
15. The prize does not include travel insurance, meals, fuel cost,
or any other
costs of a personal nature not specifically stated.
16. Terms and conditions of suppliers of the prize, Maui, Holiday
Association and Foodstuffs apply.
17. The driver of the Maui must have a full New Zealand license and
more than 21 years in age.
18. No smoking or pets are allowed in the hired Maui
19. A refundable deposit of $220 will have to paid at the time of
pick up of the
hired Maui campervan.
20. Promoter's failure to enforce any term of these Terms and
not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the
Contest is not
capable of running as planned for any other causes beyond the
the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security,
integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Promoter
right at its sole discretion to postpone, modify, reschedule or
Contest and determine the winner from among all Eligible Entries
prior to cancellation, based on the same criteria listed
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is
reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the
from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will
liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its
the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to
terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, Maui, Holiday Parks Association of New Zealand,
their related bodies corporate and their respective officers,
contractors and agents ("Promotion Parties") will not be liable for
damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this
the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including
not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract
(including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or
remedy ("Damages") whatsoever, including but not limited to direct,
and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably
considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things,
those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion
23. The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided
entry to notify the Winners and to verify the eligibility and
identity of the
Winners. Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, entrants have the right
and correct any personal information.
24. By entering this Promotion, entrants are agreeing to receive
marketing material from all Promotion Partners, Sunday Star-Times,
Holiday Parks Association of New Zealand and New World.
25. Winners in this competition agree that their identity may be
winner announcements and promotional material.